Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Plumbing Problems

I have a toilet on the second floor of my home that when it flushes... none of the water in the bowl goes down... It just fills up and then after the water stops running, the water goes down to below normal level. Any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it?

You either have a clog in the toilet or a clogged vent pipe.
    Try using a plunger to free anything that's possbibly caught in the internal trap. You may also want to check your vent pipe comming out of the roof of your house, a birds nest could be in there.

Does your bathroom sink and tub drain ok, if it does then I would guess something is stuck in the toilets trap. You can pull the toilet up and tip it over to clear the trap. Here's a link that'll show you how to remove our toilet and replace your wax ring once it's fixed.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

You either have a clog in the toilet or a clogged vent pipe.
      Try using a plunger to free anything that's possbibly caught in the internal trap. You may also want to check your vent pipe comming out of the roof of your house, a birds nest could be in there.

Does your bathroom sink and tub drain ok, if it does then I would guess something is stuck in the toilets trap. You can pull the toilet up and tip it over to clear the trap. Here's a link that'll show you how to remove our toilet and replace your wax ring once it's fixed.

Comment

oops.......sorry about first post. tell me more about the roof vent, if it is plugged, how do i clean it???
        this may solve my problem.
        thanks
        fixit55

Comment

A roof vent pipe can be snaked out from the top using a plumbers snake, or you can drop a garden hose into the vent and turn it on, this should flush it through to clear any minor blockages

Comment

Working...
          X
          =