Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher Vent

I recently purchased a new faucet for my kithen sink that requires 4 holes (faucet, temp adjust lever, sprayer and soap dispenser). My sink has four holes and one is currently occupied by the dishwasher vent. My question is can I relocate by dishwasher vent under the sink somehow? Is this acceptable? Other alternatives for the vent? I can simply not use the soap dispenser, however would like to if there is an option for the vent. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

tsb

The answer to your question depends on two points, 1. your local code and 2. whether or not you have a garbage disposal.

At a minimum the plumbing code requires the dishwasher to be connected to the drainage system by means of an indirect waste, which is basically a waste connection that provides an air gap to prevent backflow from the drain lines to the dishwasher.

If you do not have a garbage disposal you are required to have the dishwasher air inlet vent, and the code specifies it must be mounted above the flood level rim of the sink.

If you have a garbage disposal the dishwasher drain line must be connected to the dishwasher inlet port on the upper part of the disposal body. The throat of the disposal then becomes the approved indirect waste.

However, in some jurisdictions they require the air inlet valve whether you have a disposal or not, so you would have to check your local code.

If you do not have a disposal, and if it is permitted in leiu of the vent this may be a good time to consider adding a disposal.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =