Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Unusual Pipe I have found

Recently while working on a whole house renovation I had to tear the walls out in a bathroom to replumb it. During the tear out I noticed what appeared to be a short length of pipe stubbed up beside a stud. It appeared to be capped on the top so I first thought it might be a water hammer arrestor, until i noticed a hole in the cap. I then got my trusty flashlight and checked it out. To my amazement I discovered it was an old "Daisey" BB gun that had somehow gotten sealed up in the walls many years ago.

After I pulled it out and had a better chance to examine it I discovered that it is a single shot BB gun which requires pulling the barrel out and manually inserting the BB at the base of the barrel for each shot.

Having never seen a single shot BB gun before I then sent an email inquiry to the manufacturer to see if they could offer any additional information.

It appears that it is what was called "A daisy for a Buck". Thats right folks, the original manufacture suggested retail price was $1.

They were made between 1929 and 1940.

Now to top it off, out of curiosity I cocked it and tried to fire it to see if the air mechanism still worked. To my total amazement, it works perfectly, without even oiling the leather washer in the air chamber.

Needless to say, this find brought a smile to an otherwise terrible day.

Great story! No telling what riches are between my walls. Is it time for me to get the sledgehammer out?

Try
    Try

Comment

Working...
    X
    =