Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking and gluing?

Hallo, I am a new member and I have no experience of housing. But now I rent a room and I find a leaking problem from my toilet. This toilet (I do not know which type is it) has a waste outlet on the back side which is parallel to a ground (So it is not the same as illustrated in some of webpages which comes from the bottom part of the toilet facing to a ground). I check that the leaking is originated from the connection of waste outlet and plastic pipe (probably PVC). It might have some 'small gap' between this outlet and pipe.
    I was thinking to solve it by gluing. What do you think? Does it useful? If yes, what kind of glue that I can use to stick PVC pipe and the outlet which is made from porcelain? Or could you please kindly give me other suggestions.
    Thanks very much.
    ronny

Palanter..

There is no glue that will resolve your problem.

Before we begin I need to ask you where you live. I suspect that you may be outside of the USA which would explain why your pipe exits the toilet in a different manner.

It would also be very helpful if you could post a photograph of the toilet.

Comment

Hi Lazypup,

Yes, you are right, I live in Germany.
      About photo, it would take some time since I do not have digital camera.
      Btw, thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi All,

Please enclosed find the toilet crosssection. I am sorry to modify one of the graph in this forum to illustrate my toilet. This is only temporary until I can provide the photo.
        Any further idea to solve this? Many thanks.
        [img]d:/tmp/Toilet_crosssection.jpg[/img]

Comment

Guten Tag Hehr Palanter:

The illustration did not come through, Aba Ich Bleibt 4 yarhen in Deutchland auf dem Flugplatz Bitburg und Spangdahlem so I am somewhat familiar with the type of system you have. (I think my conversational Deutch may be okay but my spelling is terrible,,,ha ha )

Basically the discharge from your toilet connects to a wall mounted flange in the same manner as wall mounted toilets or urinals are in this country. There should be a flat flange on the end of the pipe at the wall surface which mates with the back of the toilet fixture. There is also either a wax ring or a foam donut gasket between the fixture and the wall flange in the same manner as it is done on the floor flanges in the USA.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =