Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that vent lines had to be tee'ed off at at least a 45 degree angle.

Comment

This will eliminate the offset on the vent line and the tight fit near the cast iron.

Comment

the back-to-back 1/4 street bends takes up more than 4 inches of vertical clearance, at least using the bends my local hardware store has. Are lower profile bends available?

Comment

Back to the drawing board.

If we were working with 6" and greater they make a 1/32 bend which is 11.5 deg but unfortunately they don't make them under 6".

For as much as I would hate to do it, I think your only alternative is going to be a fernco.

I would still run the vent straight through to the tub drain line. This would allow a longer run on the first section to the 90 which would be less stress on the fernco and it also elimates the need to offset the vent downward to meet the pipe.

Comment

Lazypup - what about heating it with a pvc conduit bender and forming it to where it will fit?

Comment

Hayzee..that would be a great idea but it won't fly with code.

Comment

I started trying to put it together over the weekend and I think a 'real' solution occured to me. I'm _very_ rusty on geometry and trig, so bear with my inaxact jargon: If I take a 1/16 bend and rotate it along the axis of the pipe, I end up with some of the 22.5 degrees in the horizontal plane, and some in the vertical. I can rotate the 1/16'th until I correct for the orignal wierd angle, leaving me with some slant upwards. I can then rotate the 1/4 elbow to meet the upward slant.

Comment

In you were under the Uniform Plumbing Code the minimum angle for a vent is 45deg. but given that your existing vent runs horizontal, and assuming it was inspected when installed, it would then stand that you are under the International code, which permits flat venting.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =