Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground cast iron tie in

Hello, thanks in advance for any advice on this ....

Ok, the deal is - attempting to add a BR to the 1st floor of a 1918 house.
    2nd floor has a FB and the basement has a toilet only atm.
    We are also in the process of a kitchen remodel.
    So the plan is to move the kit sink to the opposite wall from where it is located atm.
    The loc atm is just right of the main stack in the relative center of the house.
    I can tell you from experience in repairs on this house so far, that the plumbing
    was not always done by a qualified person or at the least a lazy one.
    The plumbing under the kit sink has been replaced by myself after the unbraced
    cast pipe and 3way broke out of the wall joint (boy was that fun, did i mention that
    the cast was put into a copper joint in the wall, funny how that green stuff shows up .... )

Anyway, I have worked out the moving of the water lines.
    I also have a neighbor who's father is a retired plumber who has looked at
    my house and basically wanted nothing to do with the plans for it . Never a good sign.

From his advice the relocated Kit sink,toilet and new BR sink can be all be put
    on the same drain. I also know because of the toilet in the mix it has to be vented through the roof.
    The plan atm is to tie into the existing roof vent in the attic.
    My problem is his advice was also to tie into the main drain line in the floor of the basement.
    I can cut into the floor, without much trouble after I locate the main line.
    But if and when I go ahead with this how do I attach to the cast line in the floor, i
    s a fernco acceptable for under the floor or something else.
    I have welders and such but have no idea whether that's an exceptable idea.
    Last edited by tuffun; 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM.
Working...
X
=