Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of water.......HELP!!!

Recently I have been running out of water. The shower will run fine for a few minutes and then start losing pressure fast, then just stop, or trickle. Or the sink will run for a while lose pressure, then just quit or trickle out. Once this happens, I dont have water in the whole house. If I leave the water alone for a while, I will have water again. My washer never fills up. I have a deep well, and have even dumped about 700 gallons in it thinking my well was going dry. But I am still having the problem. Any leads on what to check would help.

Do you know if your well goes into revcovery while you are using the water?

Do you know what your pressure is for high and low? (60 high/40 low is good). You should have a gauge mounted inline somewheres, or you should get one (they only cost 5 bucks at home centers and get it adapted out to fit the male end of a hose fitting.) Then screw it onto your drain down by your pressure tank and take the pressure, and leave the valve open while you run the well and turn on a faucet, or shower, or flush the toilet...and see what the gauge says/does, while this is going on.

Do you know if your air tank has air in it?

Start with this, before we go onto considering an obstucted main water line, or ponder if your well pump intake screen is plugged, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =