Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find clog!!!

Sooo frustrated! Maybe somebody can help us:

Kitchen sink starting clogging up (ran really slow but only after heavy water usage) and got worse until one day I ran dishwasher and water started running out all over the floor. I thought the rest of the water would drain out of the dw but days later; still there.

Tried Drano. Removed and replaced P-trap - no clog found. Snaked as far as possible (10' -15'?) until I hit some sort of obstruction (I think its a corner or connection of sorts). Some gunk came out but nothing major. Removed and checked garbage disposal. Removed, cleaned and replaced drainage tube connecting dw to gd. Drained okay for a couple days. Even better after I ran dishwasher - so I thought I had fixed the problem. But now (a week later) it's clogging again, dishwasher leaking and filling with water.

I know nothing about plumbing. I'm a new homeowner. I'm all out of ideas! Anyone?

Sounds like you probably need to go farther with the snake, if you thought you were hitting something in the pipe you probably were. The snake should go right around the elbow without a problem.
    Last time I had to snake my bathtub I ran the snake all the way out to the 4" house main. Finally grabbed alot of hair and whatever it was stuck in there from years of the previous owners.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =