Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Not Very Hot, but Sinks Are

I just bought a new (old) house that's about 12 years old. The shower in the master bath upstairs gets warm . . . but we can't seem to make it any hotter than it is. It has a single faucet design with a "dial" in the center that lets us adjust the water temp. With the dial turn to the "hottest" position, it's still not hot enough for our liking.

The sinks next to the shower get plenty of hot water, so it's not like the water temp is too low, or that we're running out of hot water, or that the hot water isn't reaching the top floor of the house. I'm wondering if maybe I just need a new faucet that will allow greater adjustment? Any thoughts or suggestions?

OK, most of the diverters now are made to be aceptable to ADA standards which means that for the handicap people and children, the temperature must be set low enough so as not to scald. Most models you can
    1) Remove the temprature setting handle from the center of the valve (Either by gently prying off, or by removing a set screw)
    2) After you remove this you should see a screw that holds a plastic "Gear" in place (Usually a Phillips screw)
    3) Remove this screw
    4) Pull the "Gear" out and rotate it as far counter clock wise as you can (You can only turn it so far as there is a "Stop" on the "Gear")
    5) Re insert the "Gear" and the screw
    6) Re insert the temp. adjustment handle and try it out
    7) If the water got colder instead of hotter, then repeat, but this time turn the "Gear" clock wise instead
    After it gets hotter you may want to piddle with it so it is just right or leave it as is
    If you think a professional is expensive,
    Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

Thanks!!!!!! Will give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =