Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool tub access

Just moved into a 5 year old home. Had home inspected and the whirlpool type jucuzzi tub worked like a charm. Tried to use it 2 weeks later and would not come on. Problem is no access panel available. Checked circuit breaker and it was on. The labeling on the CB Panel did not indicate a GFI was in this circuit although did list the other GFI's in kitchen and baths. Plan on checking the voltage at the output of the circuit breaker but if good then how do I open the unit up. No brand name on the deck. The panel on the front is sealed by silicon but not clear that the panel will open when that is cut because of adjacent walls being at a angle. Also don't want to take chance of damage the finish. I did remove the plunger on the top mounted switch and did find some water in it. The diaphamn seems to be intact and can hear a switch actuation when pushed. Am I on the right track with the access?

I have a jacuzzi in my bathroom. I installed two lines from the panel to the tub location. I have an access hatch on one wall where the pump and heater connect to two gfci-s. The heater won't come on until there is flow through the water pump. The water pump is controlled by an air type on-off switch. (static air not pressurized)
    The air to the tub is controlled by a rotary vent which just goes from minimum to maximum on one of the branches. I believe it is on one of the suction lines going to the pump. All jets have to be covered with water before the pump will function normally other wise you'd be spraying water all over the place.. there should have been some kind of access to the unit for makeup air for the air lines unless there is enough of "play" in and around the drain and water feed lines. I'm sure a littlle bit of water in the main controlling button wouldn't matter because it operated on a closed system of air pressure. somehow... check on a tripped gfi around the unit.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =