Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help -Noisy pipes

My pipes knock when they have water going through them... Doesnt matter if the toilet is flushed, washing machine is turned on, whatever,,,, the pipes knock consistently like the ticking of a clock.. Only louder.

It has just recently starting doing this and the only change that has been made to the system is a faucet change in the kitchen..

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Need a bit more information.

Does the problem occur when both the hot & cold are run or is it only confined to cold water?

Approximately how old is the house?

What kind of pipes do you have? I.E. Galvanized Iron Pipe, Copper, CPVC or PVC?

When you changed the faucett did you shut the water off at a zone valve or at the house main?

Comment

The house is 30 years old, Copper pipes. It seems to happen mostly on cold water.
      When I replaced the faucet I believe I just shut the water off at the sink...

The water at the sink seems to go from clear to cloudy to clear... No spurting, just changes clarity as it runs..Back and forth.

Comment

One more question, are you on a municipal water supply or do you have a home well?

Comment

We are on city water.

Comment

It seems as though the knock is coming from the water meter where the city pipe enters the house. Do these meters go bad and restrict flow , causing a knock?

Comment

Working...
            X
            =