Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta filter screen

Hi all,
    I am trying to install a Delta shower valve, model # 132900. This is a model for a standing shower. The instruction said that "remove filter screen after flushing." Why is that? What is the purpose of putting a plastic filter screen there and remove it before installing the cardridge? Please tell me.
    Thank you.
    Trihai

You installation instructions say to remove the screen after flshing the lines.

Even a slight amount of debris can interfere with the function of some mixing valves. I suspect that the manufacturer has supplied that screen to trap any debris that might be present in the line from the construction or installation process. Once the unit has been installed and flushed the screen is removed then the actual cartridge is to be installed. This would be a simple failsafe to insure the debris does not get into the cartridge.

Comment

Do you work for Delta? Just kidding! .
      I called Delta today and the customer support rep. told me the same thing. I always think that a filter screen is used to filter water and it should be there; not to remove it.
      Thank you.
      Trihai

Comment

Working...
      X
      =