Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower calk material

What is the best product to caulk a tile shower?

Most everything the big-box stores carry only lasts a few weeks before it needs replacing, and they seem to mildew in days. Several years ago, I found one that was extremely good, but it only came in tan. I've even forgotten the brand, but for my current project I need gray. Suggestions?
    Last edited by GaryS; 05-19-2007, 11:25 AM.

If your caulk is only lasting a few weeks, you're doing something wrong. I caulked my tub 5 years ago with GE silicon (from Home Depot/Lowes) and it's still very much in tact. To avoid mildew you'll have to towel dry the shower after each use, or give it a weekly cleaning. I think pure silicon is more durable, but I prefer acrylic-latex because it finishes better.

Comment

I have successfully used "DAP" Tub & Tile caulk for years with no problems. It is a silicone based caulk that is easy to apply and finish.

DAP tub & tile caulk is available in gray.

Comment

I have been trying to find some grey (tub tile) caulk, DAP does not show they carry any, and I have check several local retailers with no luck.

If anyone knows a source please let me know.

Comment

I have never seen a tub and tile ( mildew resistant ) in gray. Your next best option may be to use clear.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =