Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub Flexing Problem

I had a new tub a year old, builder installed. When I was inside the tub, it makes lots of sounds (flexing). I spoke to builder, then builder's plumber came and told me that he can fix the problem by putting 8 to 10 holes inside the tub and filling the bottom of the tub with foam through the holes and seal the holes a day later. I am not confortable to go with the above approach.

Is this the only option or are there any other ways to fix the flexing problem with tubs?

If they drill the holes, will it leads to leaks in future?

Any impact on resale value of the house?

I appreciate your early reply.

Thanks
    Paul

I would definitely not permit anyone to drill holes in a tub.

If your house is over a basement, crawl space or if your tub is on an upper floor I would consider approaching the problem from underneath.

Begin by filling the tub with water so that the weight of the water will hold the tub in its proper place, then you can drill small holes about 1/2" diameter through the subfloor under the tub and inject foam through the holes.

Be careful in selecting the foam. Some foams maintain the same dimension as they cure while others continue to expand. I would insure the foam you use is the type that retains its dimension because expanding foam could lift the tub.

Comment

I would definitely not permit anyone to drill holes in a tub.

If your house is over a basement, crawl space or your tub on an upper floor I would consider approaching the problem from underneath.

Begin by filling the tub with water so that the weight of the water will hold the tub in its proper place, then you can drill small holes about 1/2" diameter through the subfloor under the tub and inject foam through the holes.

Be careful in selecting the foam. Some foams maintain the same dimension as they cure while others continue to expand. I would insure the foam you use is the type that retains its dimension because expanding foam could lift the tub.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =