Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing

I have a problem. I was trying to clean out a bath tub drain pipe with an auger and I inserted it through the drain opening. Now it is stuck in the drain, caught on what sounds like the opening and closing valve. Is there a way to remove the auger without tearing apart the plumbing?

try by taking off the overflow plate and see if you can free up the sleeve that is way down near the bottom. there is a lever there and two interlinked brass rods. the drain sleeve is at the bottom of one of the rods. did you remove the waste basket in the drain? the piece that looks like an X? the drain goes from the tub bottom to a sharp elbow, then a TEE where the drain sleeve stopper is and then on to a trap after that.

Comment

Thank you for your response. After reviewing a diagram of the bathtub pipe system, I did take off the overflow valve and was able to remove the auger from the drain. I was also able to remove the clog much easier through the overflow pipe. It had me worried there, but with a little help I was able to get the job done. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =