Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Most Powerful Drain CLog Remover

I have this rental that which is a mobile home with a long run of pipe going from the kitchen sink back to the center of the trailer where it exits under the bathroom which is towards the other end. Its too far out to do anything with a 50' snake. The tenant cooks with grand amounts of grease in everything she does. Every year it has become an annual event getting the Roto Rooter guy to go in and ream out the pipe to clear it. At 150 bucks a pop I am getting sick of the nonsense. I have tried all the usual stuff including the water pressure cuff which can work but doesn't well with the double sink setup and general layout of it being a trailer. Of course the clog is way down at the other end so none of these methods but the roto rooter works. Are there any other things out there that can pressurize the pipe enough to dislodge a clog at that distance say via the trap under the sink using air or water?????
    I keep telling that chewee woman that she is never going to see 60 eating like that but its like trying to talk nuclear physics with a caveman. I can imagine her arteries look worse than the inside of those pipes, YECCH

There are a number of very harsh commercial chemical drain openers however I am very reluctant to use them.

First off, the problem with a chemical drain opener is that it will attach the clog and eat a hole through it, but in most instances as soon as it creates an opening the standing water and chemical flow through leaving a substantial portion of the clog material which will restrict flow and only hasten a re-occurrence of the problem.

The second, and most important consideration is that if the chemical cleaner does not relieve the problem you are then confronted with opening the line and using a mechanical drain cleaning method, however you are now confronted with a line that is full of very acidic water. You only need to get severe chemical burns or have your clothing deteriorate and fall off your body one time to be convinced that chemical drain openers are not a good idea.

From your post I am assuming that you have a 50' snake.

The simple solution would be to go under the trailer and cut the horizontal line and install an additional line cleanout at about every 25'.

When installing the cleanouts instead of using Wye's install "Rodding Tee's" which are a specialized Tee made specifically for cleanouts that has a radius curve in both directions to allow running a snake either way from the cleanout point.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =