Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement bathroom toilet drain help

I am in the middle of a basement bathroom remodel and need to move my drains. I cut the floor to where the drains will go. The only problem I have is where the toilet is supposed to go. I need to cross another 3 inch drain at the same elevation as the toilet drain (found out when I started digging) to get to where I need to go. I was wondering what options I have to get there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

not sure as to the name but a T-WYE CROSS comes to mind its basically a line that runs vertical with two WYEs connected on either side of the vertical.

Comment

Code would prohibit one line passing through another line.

I would need to see a floor plan of your problem to give you a finite answer but off the top of my head, I think you should consider connecting to the 3" line that is closer to your desired location.

Comment

thanks for your input. I have already teed into the other line.

Comment

You state that you already tee'd into the other line.

I hope you did not use a Tee to do so because code prohibits installing a Tee on a horizontal line.

To make a right angle tie in on a horizontal line you must install a Wye & 1/8 bend or a Combo.

Comment

yes i used a wye and 1/8 bend. thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            =