Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn Sprinkler System shut off valve

When my sprinkler system was installed, the company that did it put the
    valve that shuts off the water to the entire sprinkler system in the winter under the house in a very hard to get at position.. The valve is installed flat on the concrete foundation about 2 feet below the under house access panel where they thought you could easily access it! They were wrong.. It is darn near impossible to reach the valve in the fall and spring and the only other way to get at it is crawl about 60 ft under the house to get at it.. I would like to know if it is good plumbing practice to remove the existing valve (shown in black on my crude drawing attached) and make a riser involving 4 90 degree elbows / pipe and move the valve up to where you can reach it from the access.. )shown in red on the drawing)

reason its so far back is to protect it in the winter from freezing. but I suppose you can move it to where you want to. IMO I would use a stop n waste valve so you could shut down the system and drain the lines in the winter. for the rest of the exposed pipe, I'd install a heat trace tape and wrap it with something for the winter so the pipe won't burst due to freezing.

Comment

Freezing Not a Problem..

The pipe / valve is not where it would freeze.. It is wrapped in foam. I just want to be able to shut the sysytem off before the automatic control valves before I drain the system from the low point sprinkler head and clean it out with lp air..

Comment

Working...
      X
      =