Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leak & Hot water heater

Need some help.

Here's the situation. I have a rental home about 90 miles from where I live.

Get a call from the tenant stating that they have a large water bill. The city says my house has used over 1000,000 gallons in the past two week. The basement where the plumbing and hot water heater is located is as dry as the top of your work desk. I spent all day troubleshooting this situation with the Public service director.

They are NO OBVIOUS LEAKS (ALL PEX) on the system yet the water meter is constantly running. I won't bore you with all the details but it the end of the day I finally isolated the leak.

If I CLOSE the valve supplying COLD water to the hot water heater, the meter at the street will finally quit running.

So the problem is isolated to the hot water side of the house, yet, again there is no obvious leak on the hot water or on any of the red PEX pipe supplying the 5 circuit on this line.

What do I do to fix this problem? Is the problem the hot water heater or a leak. How do I proceed.

Suggestions please.

CarolinaGuy
Working...
X
=