Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement toilet

I'd like to install a basement toilet. I've read alot about ejector/macerator toilets but, don't want to spend $600. Can't I install an ejector sump pump? where can I get one and then, how to u plumb a regular toilet into the pit? I presently have a basement sump pump w/pit for the downstairs shower and washer. Does pit have to be covered w/ejector pump??? any suggestions/ideas would help!!!
    This is all in prep for redoing first floor bathroom, so be prepared for more questions!!
    A plumber I ain't.
    Last edited by walerius4; 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM.

A sewage ejector pump pit must be air tight and water tight, you could put a pump in the existing pit but I wouldnt recomend it and neither would a building inspector. The time and money spent to install the right pit and pump would pay for the 600.00 toilet, they do make a toilet that discharges out the back into a small tank with ejector pump inside and you can hook up a sink drain too. I cant remember the company that makes it at this time. The regular pit needs the drain line under the concrete floor for a bottom discharge toilet

Comment

They make a sewage ejector pump system that will accept a standard toilet without digging any holes in the concrete, but:

Before we get into the details of how to install the toilet we need to first determine if you can legally do so in your house.

1. Does the house Main Drain & Sewer line exit the structure at an elevation that is higher than the basement floor? If not, you legally cannot install a sewage ejector if it would be possible to install it be means of a gravity flow drain, regardless of how difficult it might be to run the gravity flow pipe.
      2. If you will post a list of all the fixtures in your house that are currently connected to the drain system I will be glad to compute your existing load and help you determine if you can legally install a sewage ejector pump.
      3. I will also need to know the diameter of your house sewer & main drain lines

Comment

Working...
      X
      =