Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill Bottle & Toilet : HELP!

Okay, so I was flushing the toilet and while it was flushing, I got in the cabinet above the toilet and a pill bottle fell out, into the toilet, and the toilet sucked it right up the pipe. Now, flushing the toilet, it gets stopped up, we have plunged and plunged, hoping that we could retrieve the pill bottle, but no such luck.

What needs to be done? Is there anything else we can do or try?

Or is a plumber going to be vital to resolve this problem? And if so, what will they do?

Thanks!

shut off the water supply. flush the toilet ONCE and remove the standing water in the tank and what's left in the bowl. use a sponge. loosen and remove the flange bolts. get a new wax ring. physically remove the toilet and feel around inside the siphon bend. use a closet auger to remove or destroy the pill bottle. once your are sure the obstruction is out, replace the toilet with the new wax ring. restore the water supply and open and try flushing it again.

Comment

Remove all the water from the toilet and take a inspection mirror, if you dont have one take a small mirror that women use to put on make up and use it and a flash light to see if its stuck in the toilet if you cant see it at the top of the trap in the toilet then it made it thru the trap and is stuck where it exits the toilet and you will need to pull the toilet to get it out. Sometimes you can use a toilet auger to clear it out of the toilet, the best way to check is roll up a ball of toilet paper the size of a basaball and see if it will flush if it cloggs back up then its still in the toilet

Comment

Well !! bet you hate to hear this openning...lol. I got a free tolit from a friend and it was doing the same thing, only difference was it was a kitchen fork about 8" long..it was stuck in the tolit itself not the sewer line. Anything that could make it through the tolit itself to the main line would most likely not cause you a problem. ? are there any other drain lines thats slow to drain thats close to the tolit?. if there is then you need to get to the closet "Drain" cleanout and use a very long "auger" to remove any stoppage. If the tolit is the only thing thats slow to drain then use a "short auger" and try to remove it. I myself had to remove the tolit and remove the fork from the bottom side. I hope you don`t have to do that. If you do them you will have to replace the wax seal.. Good luck, and let us know how it ends..

Comment

Working...
        X
        =