Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell from dishwasher

Wife complained to me yesterday that our dishwasher smell funny even though she used it twice already. We lost power for 6 days right after hurricane Ike so I was thinking maybe something rotten is clog in the outlet line. I am planning to open and maybe clean the outlet line this weekend. Am I on the right track? Or can I use some strong cleaning solution to try to get rid of the smell. What do you advise? Thanks in advance.

Run it empty on the sanitation cycle, this usually solves the problem.
    You can also use the same little gel caps that you would use in a garbage disposal to sanitize it. Just add one to the dishwasher before you run the "empty" cycle.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pushkin.

I got rid of the smell. Yeah, just run it a couple of times and the smell went away. During the power failure for 6 days, there were some accumulation of oil in the disposer which stayed in there. Some of it drained into the dishwasher plastic outlet tube an turned rancid. By running the dishwater on a hot cycle it dissolved most if not all of the bad oil. Then we poured vinegar and run it on a hot cycle again and now the funky smell is gone.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =