Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing problem

ok the problem i have is with the water pressure coming into the bathroom it so strong that in a couple of months i have to change the shut off value of the toilet or the water control assembly in the tank

you may need to install a whole house pressure regulator. some places have 82 psi pressure. at the faucets you should really have no more than 45-50 psi.

Comment

Call the city water department and tell them what your problem is and ask them if they will test the pressure at your house. Usually they will and sometimes you can talk them into installing a pressure regulator if its to high.

Comment

Hi
        I would like ta add to your reply and ask a few questions. I hope it is OK.

buenf.

Are you serviced by a "water company" or do you have a private well?
        If on a well the problem could be with the settings on your pressure tank. Consult with a well drilling/installation company or a qualified plumber.

If you are serviced by a "water company" the problem could be from the installation of backflow prevention devices. You should have been warned in advance of the installation of these devices and been advised of your need for a "thermal expansion tank" to prevent damage to the plumbing system in your house.

Call your water provider and see if this is what has happened. If this is the case then you will need to install a Thermal expansion tank. If you have the ability and tools it is a simple task but you need to follow the manufacturer's instructions or the device will be worthless!!

If you do not have all the tools required then you need to call a competent plumber ASAP.

Good luck,

Comment

It best to contact plumbing Service and ask to book an appointment for their service team, the best option and hopefully a quick repair.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =