Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low water volume at sink

I've noticed a marked difference between the water volume from the hot tap as opposed to the cold tap in the kitchen. All the other taps in the house are fine.

Does this mean I have to replace the hot side cartridge in the sink? or might something have become clogged in it that I can clean out?

Thanks
    Dan

take the aerator off the spout and clean it. there may be some suspended solids from the water tank plugging the aerator strainer.

Comment

same faucet arm

I'm sorry, I didn't explain it correctly.

Both the Hot and Cold use the same faucet. The Cold water comes out full strength but when I shut off the Cold and turn on the Hot water, the volume is a lot less.

Maybe some deposit or scale worked its way down the line from the water storage tank (indirect heater) and got caught in the cartridge?
      Dan

Comment

those new fangled faucets with their disk type cartridges almost always need changing when they don't function. Innovation - 25 dollar cartridge as opposed to a nickel faucet washer.

Comment

do you know the brand of the faucet?, it could be an obstruction,such as a piece of rust or a small rock that can be cleaned out. might also be the shut off vaulve under the sink is not turned on all the way. or a kink in the supply line..TAZ
          nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =