Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson E30 1/2hp sink garbage disposal

I have a Emerson E30 1/2hp garbage disposal and whe we turn it on and its does is emit a slight "Hum". We have checked and there is nothing clogged in it. Also we have turned the unit from below with an Allen wrench and it's the same. Any ideas or am I looking at getting a new unit?

More than likely the motor is shot, The only other thing I can think of is the switch may be bad. Try replacing the switch and see what happens. Most of these small motors have a start and run capacitor in them and if it has failed it will be cheaper to buy a new garbage disposal

Comment

Unit runs for 30 seconds then cuts out

Same make and model, clogged it with a metal teaspoon, removed the spoon, freed the flywheel and shredder, reset the switch, unit runs for 30 seconds and then cuts out. Is it possible there are still metal shavings in the unit between flywheel and shredder ? Is it possible to remove the unit and and dig in deeper to make sure all pieces are removed? Should I just buy a new unit and avoid the repair cost ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

If it is turning freely then yes its time to replace it.

If it's binding then you have something in there that needs removing.
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =