Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement bathroom - venting and check valve

I am putting a new bathroom in the basement of our 1938 home in Wisconsin (UDC applies, I think).
    I am getting quotes from plumbers for the work and hearing different things regarding what we need, so I am looking for more opinions about a few things.

Background:
    The location in the house is near where the waste line leaves the house, and it is not near the main vent stack.
    We live on a hill and there is no history of sewer backups.
    The kitchen (directly above) was recently remodeled and the vent was replaced with a mechanical vent.
    An adjacent wetbar is mechanically vented.
    The new bathroom sink will be mechanically vented.

Questions:
    1) Do the shower and toilet each need to be vented, and can the three sink vents in this area serve that need somehow?
    2) Is a check valve required? If so, where, relative to the new toilet and shower?

Thank you!

Unless you arent going to pull a permit call your building inspector and ask Him or Her what they will require and then have the plumbers give you a price so you can compare apples to apples. Some companys will low ball the price and not pull a permit and it wont be installed according to code, You need to know what is required according to your local inspector and your local codes.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =