Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Porcelain Surfaces

I have a porcelain tub and sink in the bathroom. I have tried many cleaners, but am looking for one which will not eat away at the porcelain finish.
    I have tried those bathtub ring cleaners like Lysol Tub and Tile, those Scrubbing Bubble Guys for soap scum and even CLR(the worst)..but they all turn the smooth surface into a rough one as if they are eating away at the porcelain.
    Is there a good safe cleaner for this which you have found?

the porcelain once fired has basically a glass finish. once you use an abrasive cleaner on it - it'slike using super fine sandpaper on the finish and it removes the glaze. any subsequent cleaning just makes it worse. what types of stains are you trying to remove?

Comment

Just regular after bath tub cleaning...soap scum, etc. Regular cleaners don't clean the ring. Believe it or not, the best thing I found was regular old hair shampoo..but who can afford that? LOL I have even tried dish liquid, but it leaves soap bubbles coming through the drains in either the sink or the tub.

Comment

soap is fat based so anything that dissolves fat or grease should cut the soap. try some denatured alcohol just be careful it is flammable.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =