Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my fishing pole and measured depths and was shocked...

I verified that I indeed hit water at 92'. I then used a weight and started sinking it, I ran out of line at 218'!!! Why would they drill so deep if they hit water so shallow? I'm just going to drop the pump to 120 and call it good. That would give a little under 30' of water depth.

I went to a big Menards and got (2) 100' spools of 1" 160PSI PE, (2) brass barb to 1" NPT fittings, and (1) brass barb coupler. Finally, I got some SS hose clamps.

Gary, you are saying use two hose clamps per barb and have them tighten in oposite directions?

I also got a new galvanized 1" coupler to rest on top of the well seal, brass to galvanized is ok, right?

I am going to drop it this Saturday and will plan on 120'
    Last edited by DKAudio; 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

so where abouts in the country are you dealing with this shallow well? Out here in S. AZ I have a well....its only 325' deep. They also license anyone to do well work, so you never know what you'll find under the cap. Sounds like the folks on this forum are giving some really sound advice, so I consider myself lucky to have learned something from all of you and from your well problem, thanks.

Handyman Trainer

Comment

I live in MN, just outside of Minneapolis.

Comment

I don't like the idea of a coupler, you should have bought a 200' roll from a pump or plumbing supply house. And put the pump deeper so you could use more water out of the well.

Rope is not a good idea, usually when needed 15 years from now, it will break, fall down the well, bunch up on top the pump and you'll have one hell of a time getting the pump out.

I wouldn't use any galvanized anything, the stuff should be outlawed for potable water use. Only brass or SS. Galvanized rusts and adds rust and iron to the water.

Comment

Have you ever used the brass barbs with that PE pipe? I have no worries about those connections, they are extremely strong. Also, this is only supplying 1 outdoor spigot for watering my lawn. I don't care if 1' of galvanized pipe induces a little iron oxide. My well water is already heavy in iron.

The pump is back in the well at 120'. I am going to order a new 1 gallon bladder tank with a CPV (cycle prevention valve).

What kind of pipe should I run to the spigot?

Comment

I've used every type of insert fittings there are for PE pipe. But I won't use galvanized. Nylon and sch 80 PVC are good for indoors, SS and brass for outdoors and under ground.

Use PE pipe to the hydrant.

The CPV that you are looking at (on the other site/forum) is a copy of the CVS and is not exact because that would infringe on the patents.

Comment

I used brass for the barbs, the only galvanized part in the system is the coupler that rests on the well seal. I am going to get everything at 1 site, Bob has been very helpful and I trust his products are good.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =