Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing a faucet...

ok i've done this before plenty of times, but this time is...a pain.

while changing the faucet i decided i'd change out the lines and valves leading from the copper pipe to the faucet also. now i found the cold water shutoff valve i need...but i have followed the whole hot water line and can't find another shutoff valve...well it might be hidden behind the walls (i wouldn't put it past the people who built the place) and so is there anything i can do...besides draining the hot water heater

thanks

i GUESS YOU ARE STUCK SHUTTING OFF THE COLD WATER SUPPLY TO THE HOT WATER HEATER [ SHUT OFF THE BREAKER IF ITS ELECTRIC] OR LOWER THE STAT IF ITS GAS THEN OPEN A FAUCET SOMEPLACE TO REDUCE THE PRESSURE IN THE HOT WATER LINE. WHY DON'T YOU INSTALL A STRAIGHT OR ANGLE STOP IN BOTH LINES FOR FUTURE REPAIRS UNDER THE SINK.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      i GUESS YOU ARE STUCK SHUTTING OFF THE COLD WATER SUPPLY TO THE HOT WATER HEATER [ SHUT OFF THE BREAKER IF ITS ELECTRIC] OR LOWER THE STAT IF ITS GAS THEN OPEN A FAUCET SOMEPLACE TO REDUCE THE PRESSURE IN THE HOT WATER LINE. WHY DON'T YOU INSTALL A STRAIGHT OR ANGLE STOP IN BOTH LINES FOR FUTURE REPAIRS UNDER THE SINK.
      yep, sounds great thanks! XD thats sorta what i was gonna do but i guess i was being silly hoping it would be easier some other way
      yeah...the people who put this house together aren't too bright...XD i was planing on putting a valve on the pipe where they failed to do so

Comment

Working...
      X
      =