Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drip sound in wall between bathrooms

Hello all

My girlfriend and I recently bought a house and we've been busy fixing things up. Just when we thought we had everything reasonably under control a dripping sound could be heard in the wall separating the main bathroom and the insuite bathroom. The dripping can be heard for a couple mintutes following the use of the main toilet, sink and the insuite sink.

The first time we noticed the dripping sound was right around the time that condensation started to build up around the toilet and windows. Could it be condensation on the pipes?

I'm under the impression that there are two tanks in the yard - one for sinks and one for toilets so it seems odd that the dripping occurs both with the sink and the toilet..

I don't want to cut into the wall to see what's up unless i have to.. Im still pretty green when it comes to home repair.

Thanks for your insights

I can fit 13 hammers in my mouth.. and still.. nobody likes me!

hmm no way to edit posts uh... bummer.. anyway I should add that the dripping sound may also be creaking pipes, it's hard to tell.

PS As i don't see any movement with my post i assume this is a pretty empty forum suggestions on one that I might get some help?

I can fit 13 hammers in my mouth.. and still.. nobody likes me!

Comment

There's a creaking sound in the bath upstairs occuring when the sink or shower hot water runs. It's as if the pipe's are expanding. RUn some cold alongt with it, and it quits. Experiment with it. Try running only cold water for a few minutes, then try running only hot right behind it. See if/when the 'drip' sound occurs. Even if it's only the expansion/contraction of the pipes, I guess it's still something to worry about. A relatives toilet supply line burst inside the wall. Turns out it was because of some movement of the COPPER! pipe against the wood over 30 years! Not sure if it was due to temperature, or to a possible toilet bowl movement. (no pun intended. but it fits nicely!).

Comment

edim
        Welcome to the forum! You can edit your posts by clicking on the icon at the top of your post. Good luck with your home repair problems.

Do you see any water damage anywhere? Don't cut open the wall unless you have to!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =