Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes have me at wits end !!! help !!!

hello everyone, thanks in advance for your help !!!! i am a longtime home remodeler/repairer but this one has me stumped !!!!
    i had terrible water pressure in my bathroom shower, so today i replaced the lines throughout the house, kitchen sink and bathroom sink and toilet are great. i had some brown water coming out of the tub spout(hot) every morning,i figured it was from the old pipes, not from the water tank because it is only 4 weeks old. finished installing the pipe and the pressure turned into just a trickle out of the bathtub faucet , so i removed the water supply lines and they were clogged, i blew them clean, reinstalled, and my pressure came back just a tad stronger than before.took off the shower head to bleed the lines clean, still no good. my tub spout has a diverter for the shower, can this get clogged with debris and cause the low pressure? im thinking now i have a build up somewhere between the faucet and shower. is this possible and how can i clear it up, i can remove the spout via set screw. i dont think my spout has any type of screen or aerater on it ? i no longer have any rust coming from the spout now, so my new pipes have solved that problem but left me with another !!!! p.s.this is the one and only bathroom in the house.

the tub spout should just unscrew off the pipe nipple coming from the wall. the diverter uses a slide gate to hold back the water so the water goes back up the pipe to the shower head.

Comment

You may well have pushed the "ugly" water into the shower faucet valve, you may well need to pull it apart and clean it out as well.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =