Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red and Blue water lines???

My house is relatively new, and I have those red and blue hose water lines that have to be shut off at a main panel in the garage. One bathroom was left unfinished, and the red and blue lines coming out of the wall have black plugs in them. I can't get the DANG PLUGS off!!! Does anyone know the trick to this? Thanx.
    Holly

you may need a special tool, it's PEX pipe
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

The lines should be extended extra long so the plugged section can be cut off and a fixture stub out attached, however don't cut them off unless you have the special crimping tools required to attach the new fitting.

Comment

While crimping on stop valves is certainly the best way recently Sharkbite, BrassCraft, Watts, and Keeney Mfg. have all come out with Push On stop valves that can be used in this application...
        Push On 1/4 Turn Stop Valve Information
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

In my jurisdiction we may use the press on fittings on PEX for HVAC or irrigation but local code only permits crimp on fittings for the potable water supply & distribution.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =