Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low water volume problem from municipal water supply

Is there any way to increase a low water volume problem from municipal water supply.
    Pressure is not an issue, it is simply the volume of water we are getting that is a problem. You can barely run a faucet if you have the shower going. Pressure was tested from the main to the house and all is good in that regard. Town is unwilling to help any further. Anything else that could be done on my end?"

By the way the house was but in 2001...so all copper piping. All valves were checked to be fully opened, and the water was bypassed to test as well.

Looking for some other alternative to increase water volume, if that is even possible.

Thanks in advance !

building plumbing usually feeds with a larger pipe down to a smaller pipe. you need volume not pressure. therefore the cold water feed should have been 1 inch or 3/4 and teed off that with 1/2 inch copper. The hot water should have been 3/4 inch and tapped off wiith 1/2 inch. most fixtures further reduce the feed lines to 3/8 inch copper. some houses use a hot water loop off a water tank and a recirculating pump. what this does is supply hot water instantly because the water is circulating and being continually re-heated in the loop.

Comment

Is there a way to say add a storage tank to increase water volume? If so how expensive of a project might this be?

Comment

do you have room in an attic? reason I say attic is that a storage tank there would be assisted by gravity to flow and increase your total volume. but if your lines are undersized then even a booster pump won't help.

Comment

Where are you located?
          It may be a factor with a pressure tank in an attic.

Is this problem on all fixtures even outside hoses?
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Yea, im in new york so way too cold for a tank in the attic. Are there other ways to increase municipal water volume besides getting them to add a pumping station? Also, it is all fixtures in the home, including the 2 outside hose hookups.

Comment

I'm also in New York. Where are you? You could try adding a booster pump with a gould storage tank.

Comment

Orange county. How much money am I look at spending on this type of a setup?

Comment

I found one site but the pump was way too expensive. try the following site:
                  PlumbingSupply.com - use these great booster pumps to boost water pressure
                  this is a little more reasonable. grainger supply or mc master-carr might have similar systems.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =