Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water faucet not working

I have a two handle lavatory faucet and the hot water handle just stopped working completely. The cold water works fine. I checked Moen's website and it looks like I have a model 84421, 2 handle washerless cartridge faucet with pop-up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to repair this?

quote:Originally posted by cdinatale

I have a two handle lavatory faucet and the hot water handle just stopped working completely. The cold water works fine. I checked Moen's website and it looks like I have a model 84421, 2 handle washerless cartridge faucet with pop-up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to repair this?
    question? dose the handle just spin? it may be stripped. the cartridge may also just be clogged by a piece of rust or sand.
    if you can give some more details on the problem. it will help people here help you. thanks,TAZ

nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

No, the handle doesn't spin. It seems to turn like normal. I probably need to replace the cartridge.

Comment

No, the handle doesn't spin. It seems to turn like normal. I probably need to replace the cartridge.
        their guarenteed for life. if you have a moen authorised parts house in your area, shut off your water supply to your sink and take the cartridge with you and they will replace it for free. before you leave though you should crack your hot water supply open enough to see if water comes out through the hole the cartridge fits in, in the fixture.the blockage can be at the hot water supply shut off under the sink. TAZ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by armataz

their guarenteed for life. if you have a moen authorised parts house in your area, shut off your water supply to your sink and take the cartridge with you and they will replace it for free. before you leave though you should crack your hot water supply open enough to see if water comes out through the hole the cartridge fits in, in the fixture.the blockage can be at the hot water supply shut off under the sink. TAZ

Thank you, I will try that. I hope it's not a frozen pipe. I have a double sink and one is totally fine, but this one isn't. I have a newer house and we keep the heat up. I guess we will see what happens. I swear, something always happens when my husband is away!

Comment

it dont sound to me like a frozen pipe. I think most likely you just got some debis in the cartridge. you may be able to just clear the blockage from the current cartridge and not have to get a new one. I'de also check your airator and see if it has dirt/sediment in it.TAZ

Comment

Well we took the cartridge out and opened the faucet but nothing happened. It's so strange because the cold water works. This is actually a double sink and the other sink is working just fine. And now the problem I had earlier in the month with the toilet in that same bathroom is back. The tank isn't filling at all. We thought it was the vanish drop-in clogging but I think now that it was just a coincidence that clearing that sludge away helped last time. I doubt that these two problems are related. Might be time to call a plumber.

Thanks again!

Comment

Well we took the cartridge out and opened the faucet but nothing happened. It's so strange because the cold water works. This is actually a double sink and the other sink is working just fine. And now the problem I had earlier in the month with the toilet in that same bathroom is back. The tank isn't filling at all. We thought it was the vanish drop-in clogging but I think now that it was just a coincidence that clearing that sludge away helped last time. I doubt that these two problems are related. Might be time to call a plumber.

Thanks again!
                LOL boy you are having fun,before you call a plumber heres one more thing you can try.
                shut off the water to the house and pull the stem from the sink shut off I'll bet that is where your blocked up.
                on your toilet since you have the water off any way check if that one is blocked as well. if not you might just have a bad fill vaulve on the toilet. at 50 bucks an hr. or better (in my area) for a plumber I tend to call them as a dead last resort. LOLTAZ

Comment

Working...
                X
                =