Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink Faucet and Portable Dishwasher

Hi all!
    Was not sure whether to post this here or in the appliance section but I decided on here.

I have a Delta Palo Faucet model #467-SD-DST in our kitchen sink that I installed last year along with a new sink and countertop laminate. I would really like to have a portable dishwasher but in the manual for the faucet it says "Warning: This faucet is not to be used with portable dishwashers!". Anyone know why not? I see that the aerator is sort of up in the faucet but I'm sure they make some type of extension to fit a dishwasher on it. I really do not have the space near the sink to rip out cabinets and install a built in washer but I would really like to get one for the wife. Anyway I can hook it up to this type of faucet?

Thanks!
    Jtfoxman

I think the problem is the aerator adding air to the water as well as the male fitting you need to screw into the faucet would restrict water flow for the dishwasher.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Your faucet is a pull out faucet and if the faucet end is blocked while the faucet is turned on as in the valve for the dishwasher shuts off and says "I don't need anymore water" the hose will burst.

They meant what they said...
      Don't do it!
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =