Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if this is mold growth?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if this is mold growth?

Recently I have noticed in a house that I rent this brown substance appearing on the walls of our storage closets. The upstairs hasn't had any leaky pipes from what we have noticed, but the water pressure has decreased for the hot water in the upstairs bathroom. The wall smells "damp" for lack of better words. It also is a little sticky to the touch. We live in New Orleans, where we recently underwent some out of climate cold weather in the 20s for about four days straight, which caused a pipe to burst, and has subsequently been repaired. Is this a sign of mold growth in the pictures? Any help from you good people would be most appreciated, as I have little experience with home repair. Thanks again

You can get mold test kits at big box stores. Looks like it got wet for sure.
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Was this wall anywhere near the broken pipe?
      Is this happening in more than this one closet ?
      Is this on an exterior wall ?
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

looks to be more of EFFLOURESCENCE that a mold growth. mold is green or black. mold is airborne spores much like mushrooms but a different phylum.

Comment

Get a mold test to be sure but I believe its just water staining that can be primed over with kilz or, binz then painted.
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =