Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower drain

My water on my shower drain is running to slow and the water is filling up. What is the best method to clear this drain? DEBBIE.[:0]

Try using a plunger first.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

Try using a plunger first.
      IVE TRIED THE PLUNGER AND NO LUCK!!![xx(]

Comment

There are lots of products to try (Draino, et al.) just do not mix them! If it will not run at all, the plunger in conjunction with a product should clear the line. Once the drain (opens) using them, I recommend using an enzyme based product for routine maintenance.

Also, you can buy an inexpensive snake if those suggestions fail.

Comment

Your best to snake the line and forget about the draino junk. Snaking the line will clear it for quite a while, whereas draino is maybe only a day to day cure. Also, after its clean, make sure you put a "hair " filter over the drain. Hair and soap,etc are major culprits in causing clogs. Good luck. Hube

Comment

Never use drain cleaner and plunge! Splashing that stuff around is hard on the walls, glass, skin, eyes.....Like Hube say's.....go with the snake.

Comment

I can appreciate the above posts, but snakes are usually worthless for shower lines as the cheaper ones are unable to turn more than a few angles and you often can not get to the clog. Additionally there is no reason the spend loads of money on a powered snake for minimal usage. If you want to be highly frustrated and probably waste a lot of time, use a snake. Otherwise, use a drain clog remover and enzymes will do the trick permanently. Best of Luck!

Comment

Yah.....I agree with that thinkin'. That trap would be difficult to get a snake through. And by the way..is that trap accessible? Can it be removed and inspected/cleaned? Is this in a shower drain pan or a shower-in-tub? If shower/tub, take out the drain stopper and clean it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =