Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Soil Stack

Hey Guys,

So winter is soon approaching and Ive been trying to be proactive. (big mistake ) anywho I was looking over the plumbing downstairs and found that were the upstairs soil line connects to the main soil line has a crack in it. Now its not leaking, and it doesn't smell, so it could have been there for years and I just haven't noticed it. Do you think its a problem, and if so is there a way to patch it? with like an epoxy?

Thanks in advanced!!

it may be a problem further down the line but it appears to be in the hub not the spigot part of the pipe. oakum has been caulked into the joint and lead has been applied. don't mess with it.

Comment

There is no patching on that one.

For now you could let it lie and make sure there is nothing that will be damaged when the leaking starts. (it will start)

It is probably a job that you will wan't a plumber for.
      Start saving for it.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Use some JB WELD on the crack and around the joint and the pipe will last longer than you will.

Comment

Thanks Fellas,

So I guess ill try and fix it myself, make sure nothing will be damaged when in does decide to go and start saving for a plumber :/

ahh the joys of owning your own home

Comment

Working...
          X
          =