Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drano Max Gel Clog Remover

Anyone use this before? I have read alot of reviews on this and the claim is from the posts I saw is that is the miracle drain cleaner.

Originally posted by bja1016 View Post
    Anyone use this before? I have read alot of reviews on this and the claim is from the posts I saw is that is the miracle drain cleaner.
    LOL it is a multi-million dollar a year industry that takes the consumers money with limited results at best and lines the pockets of the companies making them...

That is the politically correct answer.

Now for the plumbers answer....

Every job I go to has an empty jug of drain cleaner sitting there.
    The customers lie to me and say they didn't use anything...

But, as I cable the line to clear the clog I smell it and the cable feels slippery on my gloves. I know they used drain cleaner. It sprays off the cable and bleaches spots on my tee shirt, if they used clobber which is sulfuric acid it burns holes in tee shirts and denim pants, it also burns my skin.

The part I really hate is it takes a brand new cable that I just paid a couple of hundred dollars for hoping to get a years worth of use out of and turned it into a rusted pile of junk remving its temper the first time I used it.

Now I get to go in after the job and listen to the customer complain about my prices and how much they spent on things that didn't work trying to get the line draining....

Oh by the way...
    It corrodes the hell out of your pipes...
    Did you know that?
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I used it and worked amazingly...hope to only have to use it once though

Comment

Working...
      X
      =