Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kitchen faucet water...stings?

The water coming out of the kitchen faucet stings open wounds. You know, like those little spots that develop around your cuticles, or maybe a scratch the cat gave you? Put that hand under the faucet and the water stings. It's like washing your hands with lemon juice or hand sanitizer, and it's the only faucet in the house that does this. What could be causing it?
    Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
    Mark with a crayon
    Cut with an axe.

HI Seamlyne,

Water quality changes, I would just like to know if it is the water source or something in the pipe to that faucet? There are some pretty inexpensive filtration systems, especially for one faucet. It would also be interesting to see what one of those cheap Amazon testing kits say what is in the water

https://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Wate.../dp/B01DMF8SH6
    Last edited by handyandy; 05-13-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

It's odd. The next faucet in line is the back bathroom, and it doesn't have this issue. Maybe something in the faucet itself, leaching into the water? I'm replacing the faucet in any case for other reasons, I'll be interested to see if the problem goes away.
      Bill in Kansas City, MO

Mark with a crayon
      Cut with an axe.

Comment

That will be interesting to see what happens, please let us know how it goes!

Comment

It was indeed something in the old faucet - the new one doesn't do whatever the old one was doing. Maybe some corrosion inside, leaching into the water and changing the pH enough to sting?
          Bill in Kansas City, MO

Mark with a crayon
          Cut with an axe.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =