Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Leak

I had an energy audit done yesterday and as part of that, they have to check the boiler, gas lines, stove, etc for CO, incomplete combustion, and gas leaks. They found two small gas leaks, one at the main shutoff valve, and one at a joint. Both of these are before the meter.

If you put your nose right up to the main valve, you can smell it a bit, the other you can’t smell at all. There is no smell at all in the enclosed room where these leaks are so they are tiny. For all I know they’ve been leaking for twenty years.

I know I should call NG and get them taken care of but I’m worried about my service being shut off for some amount of time. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation?

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
    I had an energy audit done yesterday and as part of that, they have to check the boiler, gas lines, stove, etc for CO, incomplete combustion, and gas leak repair in Fort Worth. They found two small gas leaks, one at the main shutoff valve, and one at a joint. Both of these are before the meter.

If you put your nose right up to the main valve, you can smell it a bit, the other you can’t smell at all. There is no smell at all in the enclosed room where these leaks are so they are tiny. For all I know they’ve been leaking for twenty years.

I know I should call NG and get them taken care of but I’m worried about my service being shut off for some amount of time. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation?
    thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by kemiy; 10-16-2023, 01:19 PM.

Comment

You should call them and yes, there will definitely be downtime to fix. I am not sure where you are but you might want to act sooner rather than later, before it gets cold!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =