Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub for ice bath

Hey everyone, I've been using my regular tub for ice baths after workouts. But I'm worried if it's affecting the tub's pipes or the plumbing system due to the extreme temperature changes.
    Has anyone experienced issues or damage to their tub from frequent ice baths?
    Looking for advice or alternative solutions to keep up with my recovery routine without risking any major household problems.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Irwilliams; 12-28-2023, 02:50 AM.

Hey! It’s great that you’re using ice baths to aid your recovery, but I totally understand your concern about the potential impact on your tub and plumbing. Frequent extreme temperature changes can definitely stress your plumbing system. To help protect your tub, you might want to consider using a tub liner or insulating blanket to cushion the temperature shock. Also, after your ice baths, running warm water through the pipes can help mitigate any freezing issues. If you’re looking for alternatives, inflatable ice bath tubs or specialized cold therapy units are designed to handle the cold without affecting your home’s plumbing. If you’re still worried, a quick chat with a plumber could give you peace of mind. Hope this helps, and happy recovery!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =