Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Part of A Marvin Window

My daughters room had the AC unit fail to drain last summer and it somehow completely dry rotted the upper windows lower section. its a typical double hung low E double pane. I pulled it off and had a replacement section all routed out that would make it serviceable again. Too dark yesterday to fit it so I left the whole thing sitting on a sheet of plywood in the drive way on 2 saw horses. Why bring it in since it would take a tornado to lift the thing since its flat. Just like clockwork we had a bit of a mini monsoon last night and it flipped it up and off the plywood. It had to be at least a 40 MPH gust to even move it. Better yet it still wouldn't have busted as it landed flat or rather tried to. Not my sort of luck, not at all. It landed on the upturned metal ski of a snowmobile that I had sitting there in storage. That did the deed for sure.. You know I couldn't make this shit up. Anyways its a MARVIN window and I need only the upper or outermost half of the double hung unit. What do you figure my odds of buying just that part and where is the best place to start looking.

Marvin windows' site or a lumber yard with damaged windows

Comment

I live less than 2 miles from a Marvin Windows plant. Try giving them a call at 731-635-6400.

Comment

I Did Find a Dealer Locally

Now its a matter of if its worth getting a replacement section, a whole new window or finding something else that will be able to run in the track with a few small modifications. Whatever the case it will certainly wait past turkey day to start to figure out. A nice tight fitting piece of Celotex did the deed nicely and it just may stay there all winter.

Comment

Do you have a picture of the piece you need? I work for a company that manufactures parts for Marvin. I may be able to help you out.

Comment

Thanx I will Look Up the Partidulars

Originally posted by jsouthco View Post
            Do you have a picture of the piece you need? I work for a company that manufactures parts for Marvin. I may be able to help you out.

Give me a day to dig up the particulars, may be I can even find a data plate with the model number but I have yet to ever come across one. It might be more cost effective in the long run to get one locally if I can cause this puppy is at least 20 lbs. I will get back to you .................................

Comment

Wrong Window Make, Sorry About That

Thanx for the offer but after digging out the house papers I find out that they are MALTA windows. Oi, thats what I get for listening to my wife. I see they have a website which gives every single piece and PN but neglects to publish the PN for the entire pane.
              Double Hung replacement

Comment

Working...
              X
              =