Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink condensation on bathroom walls?

I moved to a new apartment near Los Angeles about two months ago. Since moving in I have noticed dark pink or fuscia condensation dripping down the walls after my showers. There is not a vent or fan in the bathroom so I always leave the door slightly open to get a little more air flow through the small space. At first I thought it was the cleaning product residue, but I have since tried cleaning with another product and the issue persists. I've done several google searches and I cannot find a match to my issue. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be concerned or just annoyed at the extra cleaning that I now have?
    Thank you for your help and advice!

check out the effect called "efflorence" - plaster on the walls emit a chemical which colors the plaster pink.

Comment

I was reading a little about cement efflorescence.
      Apparently the cement plaster needed to be sanded
      and a very diluted acid applied.
      Then it should have been washed with cool water
      and covered with a sealant before being painted.
      It's possible that the steam from showering is drawing out the salt chemicals right through the painted walls.
      It looks like the cement/plaster walls need to be treated in order
      to stop the efflorescence.
      Also, if there's water dripping somewhere behind the walls, that may also cause the salts to emerge.
      The following copied from another source...>>>

Remove the efflorescence with a stiff wire brush or scraper, then wash down the wall with 1 part phosphoric to 7 parts water. Will burn you so wear the correct safety gear then wash down with water then sealed with epoxy primer acrylic masonry sealer.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =