Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD PAINT

I will be painting wood trim around windows on new construction. I would like to use an antique gold finish. Is there a fairly simple way to acheive this?

True metallic paints are getting harder to find by the day! Lowe's used to carry many metallic paints by Ralph Lauren, but they discontinued it because apparently people were having a hard time getting a consistent finish-- gold flakes in paint tend to produce drips and swirls or something (according to a Lowe's guy I talked to). You can still find gold paint at Sherwin Williams, but it's muy expensivo...

Comment

Behr makes a gold, copper, and silver metalic paint. It costs about $20 for half a gallon at home despot. I used a galon of the silver to paint my trim in my Lord of the Rings office which I then highlighted with luminecent paint ($140/gallon). Anyway, the silver paint is nice, but make sure you mix it thoroughly. Depending on the way you apply it, roller vs. brush you can get a similar finish to brushed metal. I then did a black paint & water wash over the finished pieces to bring out the detail and give more of an antiqued finish. I think if you check it out, you'll like it.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =