Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Fake Interior Brick

Hi All! I recently bought a home which has a white, fake brick on the bottom half of the wall (under the cabinets) and the upper rest of the wall is papered. I have already removed the wall paper. I am painting the kitchen a darker tan color (if that makes sense?) Anyway, i want to do something neat with the brick because i don't have the time right now to rip it all off. So, in the meantime, i want to paint it and don't know how. What color? Was thinking of painting in between the bricks a off white color and then the bricks a lighter tan than the rest of the walls. How do you paint that fake brick used on interior walls? Any suggestions?

The bricks are of uneven testure. A latex paint of your color choice with a deep nap roller would be the choice. Roll off the excess and paint the brick, then use an artist's brush to get at the grooves.

Comment

You should have no problem painting these with a latex paint. Even the fake bricks have a porus masonry-like surface that takes paint well. If you use a semi-gloss finish - they will actually become very washable, which is a plus in a kitchen. Keep in mind you will probably need 2 coats, even if the paint covers over the old color in one coat, the finish will probably look uneven.

leone184
      leone184

Comment

Working...
      X
      =