Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark woodwork

I have dark woodwork all over my house. This includes the trim, crown molding, wood around the fireplace, bookcases, and wainscoating in the dining room. It is really depressing and I would like to lighten it up some. There is so much wood that I have just thought about painting the trim and molding white and leaving the rest the dark wood. Has anyone ever seen this in a home and how did it look? Thanx

Yes it is done. I am helpless with color, so I suggest that you can get some good free advice from a designer at depot, lowes, or other home center. Not everyone there will be good, but if you poke around you will always find someone really knowledgeable. (As a clue, they are usually the ones with people lined up to talk to them!) Anyway, what I am getting at is that some 'artistic' advice on just which pieces to paint will be helpful. Also, on the color, I suspect they will recommend a bright color but possibly not a PURE white.

Anyway, I have seen this done and it can look great, so good luck; you are on the right track.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =