Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Paint

What is the best brand of interior paint?

I just bought a house and need to paint the inside, among other things. I want a good quality paint....

Jason

If your walls havent' been painted in forever then you would be better off to first prime them with a quality primer such as Bulls Eye that's made by Zinsser. It's a water based primer and will give you alot better coverage when using a latex topcoat. You'll also need to prime any walls that are gloss, this ensures the topcoat will adhere and not alligator. Here's a link that'll give you details on the primer
    From mold and mildew to blocking stains and hiding dark colors, Zinsser Primers make it easy to resolve common issues before you paint.

As for topcoats, you'll want to use the highest quality paint you can afford. With paint you get what you pay for and the cheaper the paint the less the quality. There are many good ones on the market, consumers report rates Behr paint from Home Depot as one of the best, but there are lots of others that'll give you a nice finish. Here's another link that'll give you more details.
    Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Comment

Sherwin-Williams, Sears best, Pratt-Lambert

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

How do I tell how long its been since last painting? i have no documentation, and its a hud foreclosure, so I cant even talk to the owners. Are there any indicators?

And thanks for the links and recommendations! Those will help a lot!

Jason

Comment

I would suggest you just go ahead and use a primer on the walls first then. This will gaurantee a good looking paint job once done, and that's what you're after. Make sure you clean the walls first if any nicotine, soot, or grime is apparent. It's alot of work up front but it'll pay off in the end.

Comment

Block sand the walls before you paint.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MrValiant4Truth

...how do I tell how long its been since last painting? i have no documentation, and its a hud foreclosure, so I cant even talk to the owners. Are there any indicators?

Jason
              Does when really matter Jason? - the best indicator is the fact that you think it needs doing...

Terry

Now you can work with the confidence of an expert – without having to put in the years of practice!

Now you can work with the confidence of an expert – without having to put in the years of practice!
              www.easycarpentry.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MrValiant4Truth

...how do I tell how long its been since last painting? i have no documentation, and its a hud foreclosure, so I cant even talk to the owners. Are there any indicators?
                Jason
                Does when really matter?

The very fact that you think it needs doing should be sufficient...

Terry

www.easycarpentry.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                =