Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing old cauking

we are renovating our kitchen ,with the new countertop coming we need to get rid of the old cauking that was on the old counter.its hard and sticky.any ideas ?thanks

I guess I don't understand why the caulk needs to come off the old countertop, do you mean the cabinets? What type of material are you needing to remove the caulk from?

Comment

I WANT TO REMOVE THE CAUKING FROM THE WALL WHERE THE OLD COUNTER TOP WAS ,WE HAVE USED A BLADE BUT SOME OF IT IS STILL THERE.WILL SANDING WORK? OR WILL THE CAUKING GUM UP THE SAND PAPER?

Comment

Using a razor blade to scrape it off is one of the best ways,you can also try sanding it off, the paper may gum up some yes. If you end up gouging out the area when removing the caulk you can always go back and apply some patching compound, let it dry and sand it smooth.

Comment

thanks the razor worked and so did the sandpaper.now thats solved what is your ideas for filling holes from door handles in the middle of a cupboard door ,i am refinishing them with urethane,and moving the handles to where they will actually get used.what do i do about the holes and the staining on the wood?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =