Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad batch--Walmart paint?

Though I normally do not shop at Walmart, I have come to like their interior satin "colorplace" paint, in a shade which I use in all of my rental units. The last batch; though appearing to be the same stuff in the same can, seems to be thinner and tends to run and drip much more than I am accustomed to. Has anyone else had a similar experience, or perhaps have knowlege of a switching of paint suppliers to Walmart recently?
    The five gallons I bought last month were just fine. The stuff I bought today is CRAP.

Walmart are known to buy not just in paint, but other products as well, below quality control products. These would be products that may not meet the quality control standards of a brand so the manufacturer sells them to other outlets under a different label and at reduced proices.
    Because of this buying pattern the quality cannot be guaranteed from batch to batch to be the same. The paint may do the same job but it's longevity and application will not be the same.
    Generally speaking paint that "splatters" easy and forms runs has a far more waterery consistancy. Water is cheaper than the bonding agents that helps paint stick and bond better to surfaces.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for reply, Pushkins. This incident turned into a big waste of time. I am going to return the remainder of the paint and ask for a refund. Would have been worth another $4.00 spent at a quality paint store to not go through this; plus, I could park right by the door...
      What is your favorite satin interior wall paint brand?

Comment

Personally I like Behr (though there are many who would argue, Consumer Reports always rank them well for price and quality) I do also like Sherwin Williams but be prepared to drop a few more bucks over the Behr.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =